Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14th so it’s time to celebrate all those amazing Moms out there that do everything for us.
The American beginnings of Mother’s Day happened in 1908 thanks to Anna Jarvis and then it became an official U.S. holiday in 1914.
However, the tradition of honoring mothers goes all the way back to the Greek and Romans who would hold festivals to celebrate mother goddesses while early Christians held a festival called Mothering Sunday, which is still followed today in Europe and occurs earlier than the American holiday.
Typically, Mother’s Day always falls on the second Sunday of May and provides a great excuse to pamper Mom with special activities and gifts. It’s that time to keep up this long-held tradition with some special gifts from our Memphis flower shop.
Our Mother’s Day collection features all types of flowers and plants that will make your Mom feel that much more loved. Check out these highlights that you can order in our Memphis flower shop, by calling us, or ordering online through our website:
- Splendid Garden includes crème roses, pink mini carnations, blue eryngium and burgundy Sweet William in a vintage-style metal watering can that Mom can keep and display.
- Delightful Bouquet comes in three sizes with the larger sizes having more stems to wow mom. This flower arrangement has a wide variety of colors and flower types in a clear glass vase in a garden style.
- Sparkle and Shine is a glammed up flower arrangement for Mom that comes in a metallic purple vase with a band of rhinestones. Inside are pink roses, lavender static, and white lilies.
- Artisanal Beauty comes in a keepsake stoneware pitcher that is filled with roses, stock, and alstroemeria.
- The Happiness Package gives Mom multiple gifts, including a flower arrangement with hydrangea and lilies along with a handmade soy candle.
- Go big for Mom with Sixty Red Roses in a large vase with greenery and filler. She will be amazed!
It’s our biggest holiday of the year, so we recommend ordering as early as possible to guarantee your choice and preferred delivery time. We do deliver throughout the Memphis area as well as nationally through our flower network.
If you order online, be sure to put in the code, LOVEMOM, and you’ll get $6 off your Mother’s Day order.