The holiday party season may not look like it has in years’ past. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t create a festive atmosphere even if it’s just your close family members or a few friends. These small, low-key events can be memorable with the right food, beverages, music, decor, and activities.
Here are some ideas for holiday decorating for a Christmas party or New Year’s event:
- Add more festive decor to brighten the event, including fresh evergreen and scented candles to set the scene. You may want to display a few wreaths and garlands throughout the inside and outside of your home.
- Place twinkling lights inside your home around the ceilings and throughout the garlands for an extra effect.
- Display festive arts and crafts from the kids throughout the home.
- Use wrapped boxes as decorations around social spaces for additional visual enhancement.
Of course, flowers and plants can play an integral role for creating your holiday party atmosphere:
- Put a holiday centerpiece on each table in your home — from the dining and buffet tables to the foyer table and gathering room coffee table. While you can match them across your home, it is also fun to create a theme in each room for more visual interest. Guests can take a centerpiece home as a holiday party gift.
- Create and display mini flower arrangements as part of each table setting if you plan a formal sit-down holiday event.
If you are doing a socially distanced party and using video conferencing to spend time together, it’s a fun idea to send some holiday flower arrangements or poinsettias to your virtual guests so their holiday scape can match yours. You can also decided on a shared food and drinks menu to unify your separate physical locations as if you were at the same party.
We understand that this holiday season may be one of the most difficult ones ever, but we are grateful to have our family and friends with us even if it is virtual.
That will make it even sweeter when we can meet freely again and know that we are all healthy. As you toast the New Year together or virtually, you can also share these special moments and appreciate the more important things in life.
From all of us at Pugh’s, we thank you for continuing to support us throughout 2020 and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!